Tuesday, December 12, 2017

A New Experience by Fasting


A New Experience by Fasting
Written by The Spiritual Biker


It's been awhile since I've been on more of the spiritual metaphysical path. With the introduction of Reiki in 2011 everything has been moving at a fast and rapid pace. Even with the fast and rapid pace there have been many challenges that I have resisted that are now starting to move forward. 

The last 48 hours has been a little bit of a whirlwind. I decided to go ahead and do a fast and to see how long I could go. To my amazement I lasted 18 hours. 

I actually found that it was enjoyable and not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I am one of those people that really never sits down for a meal and likes to just snack. I do not like to feel heavy and lethargic after eating. With the idea of fasting I took a moment to reflect on my eating for 24 hours prior to starting. I'm not sure if it was intuitively or just realistically knowing my body, that I decided not to do or to eat certain things prior to starting the fast. I was conscious of my sugar, carbs, and caffeine intake. I have been one of those people that in the past would drink too much coffee, have too much sugar and carbs, and then wonder why my body would crash. 
I spent at least 12 hours getting ready for the fast before starting the fast. I was simply amazed at how easy it felt and how my body was at ease just drinking water. I originally stated to myself that I just wanted to do 14 hours. At the 14-hour mark I found myself getting hungry and told myself I can go further and had another glass of water. At 18 hours I realized I was hungry and since I was away from home I stopped. 
What's a good fast food junkie to do. After waiting nearly 18 hours to eat and being fine I had to eat now. I did not even want to wait the 30 minutes to get home to actually make something. With this being said I went through the great golden arches and got myself a hamburger. It is not unusual for me to get a meal and not eat the french fries but yesterday I was hungry. I ate more french fries then I normally do, I ate the hamburger and drank the coke. Immediately following I felt so lethargic and tired and just wanted to go home and go to sleep. 
It is amazing how I could go 18 hours without food and then not want to wait 30 minutes for something good and healthy, to then feeling lethargic and tired and even a little cranky from what I put in my body. 
Well today started off normally with my cups of coffee but just two pancakes. I would have to say I think my body liked feeling clean. As the feel from the coffee started to leave my body I started to feel all sorts of changes. At this point I decided I needed a good meal and I stopped. I've really found myself taken by what my body has told me over the last 48 hours. 

I've always thought that I listened to my body but apparently it's been trying to tell me other things for a long time. It'll be interesting to see how everything moves forward and continues. I always say that pain and fear is a motivator and yet why do we have to wait for it to get to that point. By abstaining from certain foods, I found my energy was better as well as not having as many peaks and valleys. 

I have had many friends and colleagues tell me their stories about fasting and I continued to naysay them. I had a dear friend of mine who is no longer with us who said that he would use fasting twice a year to ease the symptoms of his Lyme disease. He would say that the pain would go away with the cleansing in his body. I look forward to the next time that I fast, and I never ever thought I would ever hear that come from my mouth or even have that thought in my head.


Namaste 
Rob Pritchard                                        
Cert. Life Coach  Cert. Hypnotist and Master Healer 
for essential oils 
703-966-6878

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Day stop ~ The Awakened Life East Coast Tour

One Day stop ~ The Awakened Life East Coast Tour : One Day stop ~ The Awakened Life East Coast Tour Take advantage of the 1 day stop in Ro...